Webseite Shell Deutschland Oil GmbH
Shell is one of the world's leading energy companies. It employs around 86,000 people in more than 70 countries. We use state-of-the-art technologies and want to contribute to the development of sustainable and future-oriented forms of energy.
Project Engineer (m/f/d)
Engine and Vehicle Technology Shell Graduate Program
Location: Shell Technology Centre Hamburg / Germany
Shell Research and Development in Germany
Being one of the largest suppliers for public and private transport Shell plays a key role in providing cleaner energy solutions to secure the rising demand in energy, especially in mobility. The Shell Technology Centre in Hamburg is one of our global hubs of developing new and better fuels and lubricants. Our extensive Research and Development facilities in Hamburg allow us to offer a broad range of expertise in Retail Fuels and Automotive / Industrial Lubricants as well as new sources of transportation energy, e.g. electricity, bio fuels or hydrogen.
The Engine and Vehicle Technology Team based at the Shell Technology Centre Hamburg supports the research and development of new Shell products and mobility applications, with a diverse range of advanced automotive/mobility testing facilities. These research platforms are amongst the most complex and innovative in the industry, in addition to the development of core differentiated products such as Shell V-Power Fuels and Shell Helix Lubricants the team supports Shell’s journey in the energy transition with investigations into Future Fuels.
Shell Graduate Program
As a graduate within the Shell Graduate Program you can expect an industry-leading three-year learning program, offering real responsibilities, challenges and continued professional development.
It’s a great introduction to the exciting world of Research and Development within Shell and a chance for you to gain insights into some of Shell’s most pioneering projects. You’ll benefit from formal training and continuous coaching will shape you into an accomplished professional.
Your responsibilities as a project engineer
This unique role offers you the opportunity to join the exciting innovation of more and cleaner Fuels and Lubricants being developed to tackle the future and ever-increasing demands of mobility. You will work with the latest mobility technologies from a range of OEM’s and with Shell being at the forefront of the energy transition that will include also electric drivetrains.
As a Project Engineer within the Engine and Vehicle Technology group you will be responsible for a critical step in the key evaluation phase of our new, highly innovative fuels and lubricants, including:
- Managing all aspects of Engine and Vehicle Testing Projects on our Engine Test Benches or Chassis Dynamometers
- Collaborating with Scientists and OEMs to create test development programs o Planning and delivering the test development program
- Analysing and validating test results with internal or external stakeholders,
- Leading the development and enhancement of the Engine and Vehicle Testing methodologies and hardware capabilities
- Continuously improving testing techniques and data evaluation (e.g. enhanced digitalization)
- Leveraging the latest technological advancements in Engine Test Benches and Vehicle Chassis Dynamometers
- Applying a commercial mindset and creating innovative solutions to product developmentsthat help unlock new business value for Shell
Who we are looking for
As an Engineer in the Engine Technology Team you strive to deliver operational excellence, visible technical leadership and role model safety behaviors. In addition to that we are looking for candidates with:
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, preferably with focus on automotive engineering, combustion engines and/or vehicle technology
- Good team working and interpersonal communication skills
- Autonomous working, enthusiasm and doer mentality
- Fluency in English and German language (B2, spoken and written)
Do you have what it takes for a Graduate at Shell?
If you are interested in this or similar roles, then apply now online via the ‘Apply’ button or this link and discover the advantages of the Shell Graduate Program. Learn more about applying and the opportunities that await you. By clicking on “Employment Opportunities 2019/2020 – Germany” you can directly apply for this position.
What shell has to offer
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Download the job description here: Shell_Grad Engine and Vehicle Technology
To apply for this job please visit shellgermany.redirect.your-jobresponse.com.